Seed Phrase Migration for Terra Station Mobile Users
Unfortunately, Terra Station on Mobile doesn’t support only signing transactions, therefore you need to migrate your seed phrase to either the Terra Station Extension or XDEFI wallet in Chrome Browser. Terra Station is the option which is a little bit simpler, while XDEFI wallet has the advantage that you can also use it as an Avalanche Wallet for the Migration and for using Brokkr later on.
Be aware that during this procedure you’ll not have to put in your Seed Phrase in any service that is provided by Brokkr. Both, Terra Station Extension and Terra Station Mobile are the official wallets for interacting with the Terra Blockchain. Also XDEFI wallet is a very acknowledged and trusted wallet for different Blockchains.
First of all you need to get the Seed Phrase or the private key from your Terra Mobile wallet. If you have written down the Seed Phrase when you created the wallet: Congratulations, you follow best practices and you can proceed to the next part already. Migrate to Terra Station Extension Migrate to XDEFI wallet
If you have not written down your Seed Phrase you can export your private key directly form the Terra Station Mobile wallet. For this you have to follow several steps:
- 1.Open the Terra Station Mobile App
- 2.Click on the Wallet Icon with the wallet name in the top right corner
- 3.Click on the Wallet settings Icon
- 4.Click on Export wallet
- 5.Click on Private key, enter your password (or fingerprint or face-id) and click submit
- 6.Now copy the private key
- 2.Install the Terra Station Extension in your Chrome Browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/terra-station-wallet/aiifbnbfobpmeekipheeijimdpnlpgpp
- 3.Open the Terra Station Extension in your browser
- 4.If you have the Seed Phrase:
- 1.Click on Recover Wallet
- 2.You can set a name and a password
- 3.In the Mnemonic field put in your Seed Phrase words separated only with one blank space between the words
- 4.Leave the index at “0”
- 5.If you have the private key:
- 1.Click on Import wallet
- 2.A new window should be opening in your browser where you can paste your private key and you need to enter your password
- 6.Now you can log in with Terra Station extension and you will be able to proceed with the migration. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Note: In this case you would not need to set up a new wallet for Avalanche, as XDEFI is a multi-chain wallet at it’s core and already provides you an Avalanche wallet.
- 2.Install the XDEFI wallet add-on in your Chrome Browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xdefi-wallet/hmeobnfnfcmdkdcmlblgagmfpfboieaf?hl=en
- 3.If you have the Seed Phrase:
- 1.Open the XDEFI Extension in your browser
- 2.Click on “Let’s get started” (A new browser window should be opened)
- 3.Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Restore XDEFI Wallet”
- 4.Click “Restore with secret phrase”
- 5.Enter your Terra Station Seed Phrase, choose a password and click “Next”
- 6.Enter a name for the wallet and click “Next”
- 7.Next you can choose to make XDEFI your default browser wallet and when you click “Next” you have successfully migrated your Terra Mobile wallet to XDEFI!
- 4.If you already have XDEFI wallet installed or if you need to import your private key from Terra Station Mobile:
- 1.Open XDEFI wallet browser extension (If you have not yet set up XDEFI wallet, set it up as a new wallet, otherwise the private key import option won't be available)
- 2.Click the 3 bars in the upper right corner
- 3.Click on “Wallet Management”
- 4.Click on “Import wallet”
- 5.Select the “Private key” tab and the “Terra Classic” network
- 6.Insert your private key and the password of your Terra Station mobile wallet and put in your XDEFI password.
- 7.As a last step you need to give the wallet a name of your choice. Done!